Can’t you just feel the holiday ratchet tightening up? Maybe I do because we got our Christmas portrait taken yesterday at J Yipp Photography. In the spirit of growing holiday tension, I’ve got all kinds of deals for you today — Groupon alone has the Blackhawks and American Apparel and the opportunity to sit in a glowing cave!*
COUPONS AND DISCOUNTS
- $10 off at Vitacost if you sign up through an affiliate link.* This site looks like a decent place to order organic foods, supplements, Dr. Bronner’s soaps, and other crunchy granola stuff. If I amass some $10 credits, I want to buy some coconut oil for making soap. I discovered this offer last week when I ran the Eversave deal for Vitacost, which quickly sold out. It looks like lots of other bloggers have discovered it today too!
- Planning on taking the American Girl plunge this holiday? First, know that the doll is only the first of many, many expensive purchases down the road. Second, know that you can get free shipping with a $100 purchase with the coupon code EMFREE1122, through Nov. 22.
- Dresses are now “up to 50% off” at Hanna Andersson. Or at even steeper discounts on eBay. Seriously, if you own any Hanna, you know that this stuff wears and wears. Buy it used.
- Get a $10 credit when you sign up for Fab.com through an affiliate link like this one.* If you are already a member, you should have a $10 credit in your account! That was nice of them. My friend Kori loves this site and bought a rug for her kitchen there. What can you get for $10? A Penguin classic paperback.* (But you’ll have to pay $4.95 shipping.)
- Two movie tickets through Fandango for just $12 total is one of the deals on Saveology today. (When I get Fandango deals, I like to use them at the swank Kerasotes Icon on Roosevelt, where parking is free and the regular ticket price is $12.50.
- Get a $5 credit for every deal you buy at Plum District, through Nov. 18. “Plum Steals” (extra good deals) not included. This means, of course, that the cheapest deals are the best value. Like, if you buy this $15 deal for $30 worth of EZPaint products,* the credit makes it as if it’s 30% off.
- Groupon has 60% off a choice of 5 Blackhawks games.* You get a ticket, a party, and transportation to the game for $110, regular $275. (When my husband finds out about this, there go the Groupon Bucks I’ve been saving up.)
- And, Groupon has 50% off American Apparel.* You spend $25 for a $50 voucher.
- You can get a year of National Geographic Kids magazine for just $17* through Mamasource anytime this week. My friends who get this say their kids love it.
BLACK FRIDAY 2011 UPDATE
- I added the RadioShack ad scan to my Black Friday 2011 post. (Thanks Mashup Mom.)
- More details coming soon on Cyber Monday 2011.
* Affiliate link. If you buy something, I’ll earn something. And I will blow it all on coffee and wine. Not mixed.