I was all bummed this morning when I woke up and remembered that I forgot to buy The Body Shop deal on Groupon yesterday. Guess what? Second chance! You pay $20 for a $40 voucher,* use in store only. Today, I actually bought it.
- Use the coupon code PUMPKIN to take 80% off gift certificates at Restaurant.com. Just watch the minimum purchases — I have some $50 certificates just sitting around because the minimum purchase is $100.
- SaveMore has two great gift card deals going: $5 for $10 CVS gift card* (first time buyers only) or $15 for a $25 Boston Market gift card.*
- Mashup Mom pointed out that LL Bean has free shipping on any size order right now. It actually says, “No minimum order, no end date, just free.” Wait — apparently this has been going on since March? Why didn’t anyone tell me! (I might really need this coat.)
- Use coupon code SPOOKY to take $5 off any Eversave deal. If I bought any of today’s deals, I guess it would be the spa mani-pedi for $19,* or $15 after the code. It’s been too long! Then again, you could be nice and use it on a personalized Disney book* for a holiday gift, at 74% off before the coupon code.
- Or, on Plum District you can get half off personalized kids books* from a different company. You can apply the $30 voucher toward shipping, and you can buy more than one voucher and combine them for one big order. I like those terms.
On Living Social, you can get two days worth of diet meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner and even dessert) delivered to your door for just $20.* If you try to eat healthy but have a stressful week coming up, this might be great to help you stay on track.
- Papersource holiday photo cards are 25% off through Oct. 31.
Need a gift that will impress a brainy relative? Tippr has 67% off a year of (weekly) issues of The Economist at $67. Seriously, this magazine is known for its excellent journalism and is one of the few I would actually pay for, if I thought I had time to read it. Or, be a money nerd for free by requesting this free subscription to Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, sponsored by Fandango. You will have to answer questions and possibly turn down some annoying offers, but these free magazine offers are totally legit and I get lots of them.
- Use the coupon code SAVE50 to take 50% off glasses at Coastal Contacts through Oct. 30. I have ordered there before with no problems.
- If you are signed up for junk mail from Pampers or TripAdvisor, check your recent emails, because I got coupon codes for free Shutterfly photo books from both of them.
I’ll close with this link to an anecdote about Steve Jobs and Larry Ellison. It’s an oldie to anyone who worked in Silicon Valley, but it’s so funny to me to imagine Steve getting in Larry’s face and telling him, “YOU DON’T NEED ANY MORE MONEY.”
* These are affiliate links, because Frugalistic Mom does need more money. If you click through and buy something, I may earn something.